MCLC MEETING NOVEMBER 16TH 2014
DESERT FOOTHILLS LIBRARY UPDATE
- The Library’s main fundraising campaign for the 2012-2013 fiscal year continues. The current total is $206,000 against our target of $270,000. It goes without saying that we are extremely happy with this result.
- Adult programming continues to expand. We have had 3 programs this month which have been fully subscribed and our biggest operational issue is availability of parking spaces.
- The Library Gala on Saturday February 8th is sold out.
- Preparations are being made for our Polaris connection to be transferred to the Cloud and we will go live on January 21st. I believe that many of you have already been through this transition.
- The Passport Office in the Library continues to make a significant financial contribution to the Library. The Library’s passport office is open 7 days a week and is being heavily used at present. Revenue for the current fiscal year has increased 46%.
- We are collaborating with other area non-profits and businesses to bring the Arizona Sci-Tech Festival to the region. The Library will be hosting a range of STEM based programs as part of the Festival.
January 15th 2014