MCLC MEETING NOVEMBER 21st 2013
DESERT FOOTHILLS LIBRARY UPDATE
1. The Library’s main fundraising campaign for the 2013-2014 fiscal year is underway. The current total is $89,000 against our target of $270,000.
2. We have commenced investigation of improvements to the internal layout of the Library and recently undertook a field trip to the North Valley Library in Anthem. (Thanks to MCLD)! I do not anticipate an early commencement of the project and we are at the fact finding stage only at present.
3. We will be opening discussions in the New Year with Baker & Taylor with a view to streamlining ordering and processing procedures.
4. We will be participating in the Arizona Sci-Tech Festival between March 8th and 16th 2014. This will be a local non-profit and business initiative and it will be the first time we have taken part in the Festival.
5. The Library’s 4th Annual Craft, Book and Bake Sale takes place Saturday December 7th.
6. Circulation for the fiscal year commencing July 1st 2013 is approximately 5% down on last year. We are, however, seeing a steady increase in eBook checkouts. Freegal use is also increasing, albeit slowly.