MCLC MEETING SEPTEMBER 19TH 2013
DESERT FOOTHILLS LIBRARY UPDATE
1. Following the departure of our Youth Services Librarian, we have been busily trying to recruit a replacement. We have been pleased with the applications received and are currently at the second interview stage.
2. We were very happy with the outcome of the summer reading program and will participate again in 2014.
3. The Library’s tutoring group will begin on October 2nd. We are looking at ways to spend a $2,000 grant received from the Target Corporation.
4. Adult programs are beginning to increase. Our latest author visit was Laurie R. King.
5. Circulation for the year commencing July 1st 2013 is slightly down on last year. However, we continue to see an increase in eBook checkout, with a 14% increase in August.
6. The Passport Office in the Library continues to make a significant financial contribution to the Library. The Library’s passport office is open 7 days a week.
7. We commenced purchasing from Baker & Taylor on September 12th following signature of the Inter-Governmental Agreement which affects the Library. It will be challenging to have all the funding spent by June 30th 2014.
September 17th 2013