MCLC MEETING MAY 23RD 2013
DESERT FOOTHILLS LIBRARY UPDATE
1. The Library’s main fundraising campaign for the 2012-2013 fiscal year continues. The current total is $261,000 against our target of $250,000. It goes without saying that we are extremely happy with this result.
2. The summer reading program will commence May 30th. The Library has a large number of varied youth programs planned for the summer.
3. The Town of Carefree Council has confirmed that the Library will not receive grant funding from the Town in the year commencing July 1st 2013. A presentation to the Town of Cave Creek is pending following the run-off poll on May 21st.
4. Our application for an LSTA grant was successful and we have also received grants from Walmart and Kiwanis Club of Carefree. Applications are pending with Target and Woman’s Club of Saguaro Foothills
5. Circulation for the year commencing July 1st 2012 continues to be on a par with last year. However, we continue to see an increase in eBook checkout. The cost and availability of product through Overdrive continues to be a problem.
6. The Passport Office in the Library continues to make a significant financial contribution to the Library. The Library’s passport office is open 7 days a week and is being heavily used at present.
May 21st 2013