MCLC MEETING MARCH 21ST 2013
DESERT FOOTHILLS LIBRARY UPDATE
- The Library’s main fundraising campaign for the 2012-2013 fiscal year continues. The current total is $216,000 against our target of $250,000.
- The Library continues to be busy with a full calendar of programs. Our Monday afternoon movie on February 25th attracted between 60 patrons.
- I made a presentation to the Town of Carefree Council on March 5th. Indications are that we once again will not receive funding from the Town in the year commencing July 1st 2013. A presentation to the Town of Cave Creek is pending following the election, the result of which requires a run-off poll to be organized.
- Several grant applications have been submitted. Our application for an LSTA grant was submitted March 1st and we have also applied to Walmart and Kiwanis Club of Carefree.
- Circulation for the year commencing July 1st 2012 continues to be on a par with last year. However in the last two months we have seen a significant increase EBook checkouts are beginning to increase at last. I have expressed my disapproval to Overdrive regarding the polies attached to the McMillan pilot. My email has been ignored.
- The Library held a Gala, “Lovers of Literature” on Saturday February 9th. This major fundraiser raised just under $20,000.
- The Library participated in Passport Day in the USA on Saturday March 9th. We processed 63 passport applications and raised $1,900. The Library’s passport office is open 7 days a week.
March 15th 2013